Monday, June 18, 2007

Aw look, it's her very first meme

My friend Jo over at Lifewithheathens tagged me with this meme. I've never been tagged before. I know these things are rather lame, but it's still nice to be included. Problem is, I'm not sure I can come up with all the random facts that this one requires. I'll try though.

The rules to play: Players start with 8 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.

1. I usually hate my hair cut. It seems like no matter what I do, I'm bored with it. My hairdresser (and the one before her) is not to blame-- this is all me. Typically I end up cutting and cutting until I have severely short hair. I'm trying to change that.

2. I'm cheap. But then, anyone who knows me already knows that. I'm hoping that this will translate into me being a financially comfortable senior citizen, but I'll probably still be too miserly to enjoy any wealth that I accumulate.

3. I (and my family) go to church, but I usually disagree with most of what they say. I'm not a very convinced Christian.

4. I prefer plain yogurt with a little honey to the flavored stuff. It's just too darned sweet.

5. I've been knitting a year, and have conquered a bunch of different techniques, but have only finished a handful of projects. Contrary to my expectations, I have become a "process knitter". I really thought I wanted to knit for the sake of producing things. Turns out, I just like the challenge.

6. Also regarding knitting, I shop for yarn a lot. But I don't buy much. See random fact #2 above.

7. I like living in a small town. My 19-year-old self would not believe this about me.

8. This has been really very hard for me. I'm not convinced that I'm very interesting. I'm funny in person, though. Too bad I don't have more IRL friends to entertain.

Whew! That part is over. Now to tag some folks. Unfortunately, most of the people I'd consider have done this very one in the very recent past.

Jennifer seems to be meme free thus far. And I owe it to her, because she and her talk about her love of running even had me running for fun in my dream last night. And that is just. not. acceptable.

Also, Ms. Becky gets tagged, because her blog needs some attention.

2 comments:

  1. So does that mean I took your meme virginity? Uhhhhh, I love you and all but...well...I don't have to marry you now do I?

    LMFAOOOOOOOO

    Thanks for doing the meme, girl. I always love learning more about my fave ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I *JUST* got the message that I was tagged. LOL! I'm so lame! alright. I'm gonna have to reread the directions 57 times to get it right. (I'm exhausted but aside from that, just naturally slow and easily confused...) Give me a day and thanks for including me!

    (Jen wonders to self, "do I even HAVE 8 friends to tag?)

    ReplyDelete